The Third International Bridge Seismic Workshop (III IBSW)
October 1-4, 2019
International Association of Bridge Earthquake Engineering (IABEE), Washington DC, USA
Bridge and Structure Office - Washington State Dept. of Transportation, Olympia, WA, USA
College of Civil Engineering - Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Department of Civil Engineering - University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Seattle, WA, USA
Workshop Schedule at a Glance:
Day 1 - Arrival/Registration Check-in
Day 2 - Workshop Presentations and Group Meetings
Day 3 - Workshop Presentations and Group Meetings
Day 4 - Technical Site Visits
Day 1-3: Husky Union Building (HUB) at University of Washington
HUB Address: 4001 E Stevens Way NE. Seattle, WA 98195
Day 4: Technical Site Visits (spaces limited to 45 attendees)
The Technical Site Visit is hosted by the Washington State Department of Transportation and will be from 9am to 3:30pm. The visit will include 2 site: the I-90 Floating Bridge and Sound Transit Light Rail construction site in the morning and the SR-99 AWV Tunnel in the afternoon with boxed lunches provided in between.
Silver Cloud Hotel - University District
Address: 5036 25th Avenue NE. Seattle, WA 98105
Full Conference Pass - $395 ($495 after 8/30)
One Day Pass - $195 ($295 after 8/30)
Speakers Pass - $295 ($395 after 8/30)
Public Agencies Pass (Including State DOTs) - $195 ($295 after 8/30)
Technical Site Visit Fee - $49 (Not included in any Pass listed above)
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Please reach out to IABEE@IABEE.org for more information.
Seismic Hazard Mitigation Measures and Strategies of Transportation Infrastructures
The theme of the conference is 'Mitigation Measure and Strategies', however, we look for all kinds of new and innovative measures as well as concepts to mitigate transportation infrastructures; including but not limited to the below topics:
- Design and Analysis of Major Bridges for Earthquakes and Other Natural Hazards
- Seismic Performance Requirements for Lifeline Bridges
- Design and Use of Seismic Isolation Bearings
- Innovations in Seismic Design and Analysis
- Seismic Design Details for Accelerated Bridge Construction
- Seismic Retrofit of Bridges
- Widening of Bridges in Seismic Regions
2. Bridge Performance
- Post-Earthquake Response, Repair and Recovery
- Use of Innovative Technologies and Materials for Improved Bridge Resilience (other than Isolation Technology)
- Bridge Fragility and Highway Network Seismic Risk Assessment
- Performance based Seismic Design Criteria
- Monitor of Bridge Performance in Extreme Events
- Seismic Design and Retrofit of Foundations
- Earthquake Induced Earth Pressure
- Liquefaction, Lateral Spreading, and Ground Movement
- Seismic Hazard Effects: Ground Motion, Attenuation, Directionality, Vertical Attenuation, Near Fault, Fault Rupture, Long Duration, and Subduction
- Tsunami Loads and Design Criteria
- Lessons Learned from Recent Earthquakes and Other Extreme Events
- Multi-Hazard Design
- Innovations in the Development of Site Specific Seismic Hazards Assessment
Abstract Due Date - 4/30/2019
Abstract Acceptance Notification Date - 5/20/2019
Abstract Template - Here (Abstract Length - Max 250 words)
Full Paper/Extended Abstract Due Date - 8/30/2019
Full Paper Template - Here
Extended Abstract Template - Here
Submissions can be sent to IABEE@IABEE.org
Who should attend this conference?
The maximum benefit of attending this international workshop shall be to researchers, academics, design consultants, corporate professionals, corporate trainers, government officials, representatives of think tanks, social service organizations, doctoral and master students.
Benefits to Workshop Participants:
Learn and acquire cutting edge international knowledge in various disciplines of seismic engineering from internationally reputed experts.
Recognition of your work on international platform as a participant or paper/poster/book presenter.
ISBN-based Conference Proceedings
Potentially identify your future collaborative partner among international, vibrant and scholarly
International platform to meet corporate professionals, entrepreneurs, academics, researchers, government & policy makers from various countries.
Potentially receive an award for your contribution.
Selected full papers to be published in refereed journals
The workshop will be conducted in English.
Organizing Committee -
Bijan Khaleghi | Dawn Lehman
Bruce Johnson (tentative) | Linda Kuo | JianZhong Li | Tom Ostrom (tentative) | Yan Xu | W. Philip Yen
Scientific Committee -
JianZhong Li | W. Philip Yen
Linda Kuo | Yan Xu
Bruno Briseghella | Ian Buckle | Michel Calvi | Alp Caner | KuoChun Chang | Xun Guo | Junichi Hoshikuma | Materias Hube | Kazuhiko Kawashima | Bijan Khaleghi | George Lee | Dawn Lehman | ZhongXian Li | Alessandro Palermo | V. Pinto | Saiid Saiidi | YiChi Sung | Shigeki Unjoh | GuangWu Tang | Xu Xie
Workshop Contact Information:
Dr. Yan Xu
Room 419, Department of Bridge Engineering - Tongji University
1239 Siping Rd.
Shanghai, China 200092
6300 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA, USA 22103