You are cordially invited to participate in the Third International Bridge Seismic Workshop to be held in Seattle, WA, USA on October 1-4, 2019. This workshop is organized by IABEE with co-hosts, Tongji University, University of Washington, and Washington State DOT.
For more information on the workshop, please visit here.
For those interested in submitting an abstract, the theme of the workshop is included below:
Seismic Hazard Mitigation Measures and Strategies of Transportation Infrastructures
The theme is 'Mitigation Measure and Strategies', however, we look for all kinds of new and innovative measures as well as concepts to mitigate transportation infrastructures; including but not limited to the below topics:
- Design and Analysis of Major Bridges for Earthquakes and Other Natural Hazards
- Seismic Performance Requirements of Lifeline Bridges
- Design and Use of Seismic Isolation Bearings
- Innovations in Seismic Design and Analysis
- Seismic Design Details for Accelerated Bridge Construction
- Seismic Retrofit of Bridges
- Widening of Bridges in Seismic Regions
2. Bridge Performance
- Post-Earthquake Response, Repair and Recovery
- Use of Innovative Technologies and Materials for Improved Bridge Resilience (other than Isolation Technology)
- Bridge Fragility and Highway Network Seismic Risk Assessment
- Performance based Seismic Design Criteria
- Monitor of Bridge Performance in Extreme Events
- Seismic Design and Retrofit of Foundations
- Earthquake Induced Earth Pressure
- Liquefaction, Lateral Spreading, and Ground Movement
- Seismic Hazard Effects: Ground Motion, Attenuation, Directionality, Vertical Attenuation, Near Fault, Fault Rupture, Long Duration, and Subduction
- Tsunami Loads and Design Criteria
- Lessons Learned from Recent Earthquakes and Other Extreme Events
- Multi-Hazard Design
- Innovations in the Development of Site Specific Seismic Hazards Assessment
Authors may consider the above listed areas; however if they wish to develop a special session around a specific topic, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instruction on Submitting Abstract(s):
Please submit an abstract (250 words max.) to the workshop secretary generals, Dr. Helen Xu at email@example.com or Linda Kuo at firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30, 2019. The final full paper/extended abstract will be due on August 30, 2019.